Monday, February 27, 2012

New World

Hi.
I missed you. How have you been?
It is amazing, this concept of time. A second can seem like an eternity and likewise, an eternity can last like a second. In less than a quarter of a year, the “life” that I know so well ended and I am trying to live in this new world. Change? Easier said than done.
Answering “Ok, I am fine” to the simple question of “How are you?” that used to require the most minimal amount of effort now requires so much emotional work.  An “Are you Ok?” can cause a whole waterfall of tears to fall rather than replying with a customary nod or smile. Of course, all this will pass and I will eventually get back to the routine of performing simple customaries (or not). Before that though, I am going to be stuck firmly in the seat of an emotional roller-coaster that spins indefinitely and I cannot do anything about it.
An optimist I am not. I see half-empty cups and I know the world is far from being a happy place. However, as much as I am skeptical about pretty much everything, I do believe in happiness, no matter how short-term and temporal it is. Therefore, in order to get some of these moments of short-lived happiness, I am willing to sink in my whole entire stock of hope.
Will you wish me luck?

1 comment:

raphael aaron jaramillo said...

Amy! It's Raphael. It's been forever, hasn't it?

I can only imagine what you must be going through at the time of this post. Whatever the case may be, I hope you are doing well and trudging along so far.

Just know there's a friend in nyc that is wishing you well and godspeed.

Are we friends on Facebook? If you have one, definitely add me! It's hard keeping up to date via elusive blog posts.

Take care!
raph