Saturday, March 13, 2010
Q is for Quiche
E is for Etch-A-Sketch.
Yes. This post is dedicated to Chah.
This quiche was made for her for our lunch date in school which never happened. She was suppose to bring her E and I my Q but the sleep monster captured her whole and ate her alive. Really. My friends were all blatantly happy about her fate though because they got to eat extra slices while others that did not have a slice were happy they got one.
We usually eat quiche on Fridays because my Mom is too lazy to whip up a full ten-course meal for dinner. We get sushi and fried rice more often though because there is always the danger of my Dad coming home for dinner (which he usually does not on Fridays) and he does not think anything besides rice qualifies as proper food. My Mom usually makes the quiche although increasingly, I have been tasked the task of making it because well, like I said, she gets lazy on Fridays and besides I definitely can bake better than I cook or roll sushi.
Quiche is really quite easy to make that if I ever become a Mom and I got lazy on Fridays, this is what you get kiddos! I mean you just
1.Whip up some shortcrust pastry
2. Stir together cream, eggs,a dash of pepper and salt and just a bit of milk
3. Stir-fry some spinach and ham with onions
4. Press your pastry dough onto a fluted pie pan.
5. Poke the bottom with a fork.
6. Add 3 and pour 2 into the pan.
7. Sprinkle some black pepper over the top and bake. and Voila! Dinner/Lunch/Tea-time snack/Breakfast/Picnic food/BfGf bait/you get the idea.