Friday, June 5, 2009

Cake in a pie pan

I have been doing quite a fair bit of baking nowadays and even though the weather is making it doubly hard to be in a hot kitchen with a hot oven but I have been risking the fact that I might get burned alive to churn out these baked goodies! Yays! I made a strawberry cake today and they said to use a pie pan! Weird. Oh well, maybe I am too amateur to know that cakes can be baked in pie pans. This turned out a tad too sweet but it was still good. One thing I would change about the recipe though would be to add the strawberries only after the cake batter have been in the oven for at least 10 minutes so that the strawberries would not create such horrifying 'potholes' that made me think of this summery cute strawberry cake as some ghoul mask for halloween.

Let me start off with the not so horrifying ones shall I?



Ok. Getting scarrier!


Closing up. Do not scream.


And BARGHHH!! It is going to eat you up!!!


Apparently I am turning 21 soon.
As you can tell.
That was pretty idiotic.
HEHE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dust the strawberries in flour before putting in your cake dough to prevent them from sinking to the bottom. Nice cake! I used cake pan to make pies... haha!!

chocolatecup said...

@Ellie: thank you for the tip!yays!!!:)

Hannah said...

I don't know, it doesn't look very scary to me... Just tasty!

chocolatecup said...

@Hannah: Ha. They looked kinda scary!